Fundraising and Development Manager
Salary: 2,700,000 COP per month
Location: Bogotá, Colombia
Hours: Full-time (40 hours per week)
Fellowship of Reconciliation Peace Presence (FORPP) is an international accompaniment NGO that promotes nonviolence and protects local human rights defenders and communities in Colombia. FORPP uses global networks, international agreements and international presence for local protection of individuals, communities, and organizations that are attempting to nonviolently organize social change movements or involved in processes that question their society’s and globally-powerful elites. FORPP is part of the International FOR (IFOR) family, which is formed by more than 40 FOR country chapters.
FORPP has provided accompaniment in Colombia since 2002 and is currently maintaining two accompaniment teams in Urabá and in Bogotá. FORPP’s physical accompaniment of Human Rights Defenders and communities at high risk, includes documentation and visibilization of community and human rights defenders’ struggles, and is complemented with advocacy work on a local, national and international level. FORPP also works to connect different accompanied individuals, communities and organizations with international movements dedicated to nonviolent social change, which includes activities such as speaking tours of accompanied human rights defenders outside Colombia and organizing international delegations to Colombia.
FORPP seeks an extremely dedicated individual with a deep commitment to social justice and human rights, who can build financial capacity and organizational sustainability. The Fundraising and Development Manager (FDM) is responsible for maintaining FORPP’s income stream, including designing and implementing fundraising strategies, maintaining relationships with individual donors and foundations, and creating new, innovative fundraising methods and campaign. The FDM will work closely with the Communications and Operations Manager (COM) and Program and Advocacy Manager (PAM) to acquire suitable material for fundraising and grant applications. The FDM participates in overall strategic decision-making as part of FORPP’s Coordination.
Grant Management (50%)
– Researching and scoping new foundations.
– Maintaining foundation database up-to-date.
– Preparing and submitting grant applications.
– Creating and sustaining relationships with grant-making foundations and institutions.
– Undertake monitoring and evaluation, and preparing follow-up reports, according to
individual grant requirements.
– Designing fundraising strategies and campaigns (20%)
– Creating themes for annual (Giving Tuesday/end-of-year; Lent/Easter) and ad-hoc
fundraising campaigns reflecting the realities of FORPP’s work.
– Liaising with team and staff to create innovate materials and resources for public
– Set targets and supervise progress towards goals, making adjustments as necessary.
Donor care (20%)
– Expand FORPP’s individual donor base and increase monthly contributions/sustainers.
– Maintain relationships with Customer Relationship Management service administrators
(Civi) to expand the use of, and extract the maximum benefit, from our donor database.
– Organize, participate in and supervise donor calls.
– Create differentiated responses to small and high-value donors.
Strategic Management (10%)
– Work with PAM and COM to ensure FORPP’s efficient day-to-day and strategic direction.
– As necessary, prepare material for the Board and attend Board calls.
– Participate in the monitoring of FORPP´s budget.
● Excellent English and Spanish writing/editing and verbal communication skills
● Understanding of and commitment to nonviolent action and intervention
● Proven experience and passion for raising funds through grant proposals and grassroots
● Ability to build and maintain good relations with major donors
● Experience with international accompaniment
● Knowledge of the political and human rights situation in Colombia and U.S. and European policies
● Experience of consensus decision-making
● Basic skills in Project management
● Facility with computer systems
● Proficiency in website and social media platforms
Salary: 2,700,000 COP monthly salary, comprehensive health benefits in Colombia, four weeks
vacation per year.
The Fellowship of Reconciliation Peace Presence is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity
Employer. The organization actively seeks great inclusion of women, people of color, religious
minorities, differently abled, gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgendered people throughout its staff
and committees. More information on the FORPP and its programs is available on our website at
This post is based in Bogotá.
To apply, send a letter of intent, resume including the contact for two (2) references to
Application deadline: January 31st, 2018, or until position is filled. Applications will be accepted and
reviewed on a rolling basis.
The position is expected to begin as soon as possible.