Our work with the peace community in San José de Apartadó started with a delegation of concerned U.S. citizens who traveled to Colombia in 2001. During their visit, leaders and members of the community made the request for a permanent presence. Since then we have always felt it is important to provide an opportunity for people to get to know our work here in Colombia, up close and personal.
A delegation is a learning trip. It is a first-hand opportunity to gain a profound and personal understanding of the complexities of what we see in the news. It is a chance to interact and share with people and communities in a way that you would not be able to do if you were to visit Colombia on your own or as a tourist. Delegations are typically 10 days traveling with and learning from your fellow delegates as together we get a glimpse into the hopes, worries, and lives of the Colombians we meet. Our delegations usually visit one of our partners and meet with other human rights organizations in Bogota.
Our next delegation is planned for Fall 2018.
- March, 2015 Pacific School of Religion Delegation to Colombia
- February 21 – March 6, 2015 FOR Peace Presence Delegation
- 2014 International Fellowship of Reconciliation Delegation / Begleiten Sie uns auf der 2014 International Fellowship of Reconciliation Delegation
- Trailer for movie made by 2012 Austrian delegation participants (in German)
- Participants report from delegation to San Jose Peace Community, Medellin and Eastern Antioquia August 15-29, 2009
- “Remembering is a commitment to the future,” article by August 2006 delegate
- Building a Culture of Peace: Report from February 2006 Delegation
- Report from 2004 delegation of FOR and Chicagoans for Peaceful Colombia
- Report from November 2002 delegation to Colombia